Who Con returns live and in-person!
October 8 – 10, 2021
at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel
8110 Aero Dr, San Diego, CA 92123
WHO CON NEWS
Special Guest Announcement
Update (9/21/2021): CGB Unable to Attend! Mono Red Mages Believed to Be Responsible!
Due to circumstances beyond his and our control, CovertGoBlue will not be able to attend SD Who Con 2021. While COVID likely played a role, SD Who Con authorities also believe that organized groups of Mono Red Mages, angry after years of being pummeled by CGB, decided to act and prevent his appearance. Third hand reports have reached us that by using his incredible skill at MTG, CGB managed to hold off these evil doers and remain safely in Michigan. While SD Who Con staff is disappointed that CGB will not be in attendance this year, plans are in the works to potentially have him as a guest at next year’s convention. Fret not convention goers…we still plan to offer areas for people to come and play MTG and any other games, so please consider attending to enjoy the festivities.
Single Day Badges now on sale!
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday single day badges are now on sale! Single day badges include admission to all non-ticketed events and activities for that day. To purchase badges and event tickets:
With the current resurgence of Covid and the Delta variant, San Diego Who Con is taking all possible precautions to ensure the health and safety of our attendees. Proof of vaccination* or a recent negative test (within 72 hours) will be required for all adults in attendance at Who Con. Masks will be required indoors except when actively eating. We are following CDC guidelines and California state and local requirements and will be adjusting our safety protocols as needed between now and the start of Who Con 5.
*Acceptable methods of proof include:
- The vaccination record card you got when you were vaccinated
- A photocopy of the vaccine card (front and back)
- A photo of the vaccine card (front and back) on a phone or any other electronic device
- Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider
- A digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays your date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type
There are two types of viral tests that can be used: nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) and antigen tests. Test results must be provided in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy). The documentation must include:
1. Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
2. Entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
3. Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected within the 3 days before the event.
4. Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth)
5. Test Result